Thursday, February 6, 2014

Classes + Travel = Fun

This week has been a class and travel planning week. Yesterday we walked down to the "Casa de la Moneda," which literally means the house of the money. It was used as a mint until around the late 1800's I believe and the water mill part still functions today. It was interesting to see, and worth the long walk to get there and all of the uphill stairs on the way back - I'm getting my workouts in over here!

Group Picture at the Casa de la Moneda
Tomorrow I'll be leaving to go to the Canary Islands for the weekend! I'm so excited, but it's going to be an early morning with our bus to Madrid leaving at 6 a.m.. We'll be going to Tenerife, which is one of the main islands and has a lot of history, parks, and beaches...and it's supposed to be upper 60/70 degree weather. I can't wait!